This is a summary of known titles of research papers on Hemp by various researchers. Researcher is listed then website of their page on the web. For a copy of the paper do a search in the publication listed or contact the researcher.
Researcher - Rotimi Aluko, Professor, Department of Human Nutritional Sciences, University of Manitoba http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/afs/dept/hns/staff/aluko.html
109. Malomo SA, Aluko RE. 2015. A comparative study of the structural and functional properties of isolated hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) albumin and globulin fractions. Food Hydrocolloids 43, 743-752.
108. Girgih AT, Alashi AM, He R, Malomo SA, Raj P, Netticadan T, Aluko RE. 2014. A novel hemp seed meal protein hydrolysate reduces oxidative stress factors in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Nutrients 6, 5652-5666.
105. Malomo SA, He R, Aluko RE. 2014. Structural and functional properties of hemp seed protein products. J. Food Sci. 79, C1512-C1521.
104. Girgih AT, He R, Aluko RE. 2014. Kinetics and molecular docking studies of the inhibitions of angiotensin converting enzyme and renin activities by hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) peptides. J. Agric. Food Chem. 62, 4135−4144.
103. Girgih AT, Alashi AM, He R, Malomo SA, Aluko RE. 2014. Preventive and treatment effects of hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) meal protein hydrolysate against high blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Eur. J. Nutr. 53, 1237–1246.
100. Girgih AT, He R, Malomo SA, Offengenden M, Wu J, Aluko RE. 2014. Structural and functional characterization of hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) protein-derived antioxidant and antihypertensive peptides. J. Funct. Foods 6, 384–394.
89. Girgih A.T., Udenigwe, C.C., Aluko R.E. 2013. Reverse-phase HPLC separation of hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) protein hydrolysate produced peptide fractions with enhanced antioxidant capacity. Plant Foods Hum. Nutr. 68, 39-46.
72. Girgih, A.T., Udenigwe, C.C., Li, H., Adebiyi, A.P., Aluko, R.E. 2011. Kinetics of enzyme inhibition and antihypertensive effects of hemp seed (Cannabis sativa L.) protein hydrolysates. J Am Oil Chem Soc. 88, 1767-1774.
Researcher - Ying Chen (Ph.D, P.Eng), http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~cheny/
Professor, Department of Biosystems Engineering, University of Manitoba
Research Papers http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~cheny/Publications.htm
3. Sadek, M.A. and Y. Chen. 2014. Discrete Element Modeling of Hemp Particle Separation Using a 3D Vibratory Separator. Canadian Biosystems Engineering. 55: 2.23-2.31. (DIO: 10.7451/CBE.2013.55.2.23
5. Sadek, M.A., Y. Chen, C. Lagüe, H. Landry. 2014. Simulation of tensile tests of hemp fibre using discrete element method. Submitted to CIGR Journal. Feb. 17, 2013. Manuscript ID: 2447. In press
6. Baker, M., Y. Chen, C. Laguë, H. Landry, Q. Peng and W. Zhong. 2013. Fibre yield and energy requirements of hemp decortication using a hammer mill. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 29(4): 453-460. (DOI: 10.13031/aea.29.8463)
8. Guzman, L., Y. Chen, S. Potter, W. Zhong and M. Rahman. 2013. Application of Stochastic Modelling for Simulating Hemp Fibre Peeling Behaviour. Canadian Biosystems Engineering 55: 2.1-2.8. http://dx.doi.org/10.7451/CBE.2013.55.2.1
10. Khan, M., Y. Chen, C. Lagüe, H. Landry, Q. Peng andW. Zhong. 2013. Hemp (Cannabis Sativa) decortication using the drop weight method. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 29(1): 79-87.
12. Parvin, S., Y. Chen, C. Laguë, H. Landry, Q. Peng and W. Zhong. 2013. Post-decortication cleaning of hemp fibre using selected methods. AES Technical Reviews International Journal, Part C: International Journal of Advances and Trends in Engineering Materials and their Applications 1(1): 53-65.
13. Xu, J., Y. Chen, C. Lagüe, H. Landry, Q. Peng andW. Zhong. 2012. Analysis of energy requirement for hemp fibre decortication using a hammer mill. Canadian Bioystems Engineering. 54: 2.1-2.8.
17. Xu, J., Q. Peng and Y. Chen. 2012. Conceptual Design of Hemp Fibre Production Lines in Virtual Environments. Computer-Aided Design and Applications. 9(6): 795-810.
22. Sadek, M.A., Y. Chen, C. Lagüe, H. Landry, Q. Peng andW. Zhong. 2011. Characterization of the shear properties of hemp fiber and core using the discrete element method. Transactions of the ASABE. 54(6): 2279-2285.
23. Khan, M.M.R., Y. Chen, T. Belsham, C. Lagüe, H. Landry, Q. Peng andW. Zhong. 2011. Fineness and tensile properties of hemp (cannabis sativa l.) Fibres. Biosystems Engineering. 108 (2011): 9-17.
27. Baker, M., Y. Chen, C. Laguë, H. Landry, Q. Peng and W. Zhong. 2010. Hemp fibre decortication using a planetary ball mill. Canadian Biosystems Engineering. 52 (2010): 2.7-2.15.
30. Khan, M.M.R., Y. Chen, C. Laguë, H. Landry, Q. Peng and W. Zhong. 2010. Compressive properties of hemp (cannabis sativa l.) Stalks. Biosystems Engineering. 106 (2010): 315-323
32. Khan, M.M.R., Y. Chen, O. Wang andJ. Raghavan. 2009. Fineness of Hemp (Cannabis Sativ L.) Fiber Bundle after Post-Decortication Processing Using a Planetary Ball Mill. Applied Engineering in Agriculture 25(6): 827-834.
48. Chen, Y., J. Liu and J. Gratton. 2004. Engineering perspectives of hemp plant, harvesting and processing in Canada – A review. Journal of Industrial Hemp. 9(2): 23-39.
51. Chen, Y., J. Gratton and J. Liu. 2004. Power requirements of hemp cutting and conditioning. Biosystems Engineering. 87(4): 417-424.
52. Gratton, J. and Y. Chen. 2004. Development of a field-going unit to separate fiber from hemp (cannabis sativa) stalk. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 20(2): 139-145.
55. Chen, Y. and J. Liu. 2003. Development of a windrower for dual-purpose hemp (cannabis sativa). Canadian Biosystems Engineering. 45: 2.1-2.7.
63. Liu, J. and Y. Chen. 2000. Drying rate of hemp conditioned with a forage conditioner. Canadian Agricultural Engineering. 42(4): 201-204.
Researcher - James D. House, Professor and Head of Department, Department of Human Nutritional Sciences, Department Head, University of Manitoba,
Researcher – Kris Dick Ph.D., P.Eng.
Buildings formed with unconventional materials like straw bales and hemp are being monitored at a unique research site at the University of Manitoba.
PCDF located in Roblin, is one of four diversification centers located in Manitoba. Other sites are in Melita, Carberry and Arborg. PCDF has been the lead in agronomy research for hemp in Manitoba. Look for hemp in the annual report.
PCDF Annual Report 2007 Files continue to 2014. 2015 should be available in February
Identification of olivetolic acid cyclase from Cannabis sativa reveals a unique catalytic route to plant polyketides
Hwy 16A & 75 Street, Vegreville, Alberta
J.C. Callaway, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kuopio, FIN-70211 Kuopio, Finland;